Up to date opening times are available here. Pre-booking online is strongly recommended and time slots are available every 10 minutes during our House opening hours (last admission one hour prior to the House closing). To limit time spent queueing, please arrive at the House entrance no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your designated time slot for entry. The House entrance is clearly marked by a sign on the gravel forecourt.
Viewing the House
Viewing of the House is by self-guided free flow admission and your time slot permits 1 hour for you to explore. Guides are available in a number of areas within the House, please chat to them as they will be delighted to answer any questions and share their knowledge.
Covid Safe Measures
To help keep you, our staff and our historic Collections safe, we have put in place the following Covid-safe measures:
- The lead ticket holder’s contact details are held for 21 days in accordance with NHS Test & Protect policy
- Hand sanitising stations are situated in high touch point areas, please use these prior to touching handrails
- All staff and visitors should wear a face covering
- Physical distancing from other households is recommended but not mandatory
- Rope barriers have been erected in key areas around the House to protect fragile objects and textiles which cannot easily be sanitised
- Where it is safe for us to do so, windows will remain open to increase ventilation
- A one way system is in operation within the house, please follow the directions on the A3 House Guide which is available from the member of the staff situated at the entrance to the House
We are delighted to be able to reopen the House and hope that you enjoy your visit.