Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight- Make Campbell's Haggis Sausage Rolls
To celebrate the Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight, our head chef Campbell is sharing some of his favourite recipes. Try them yourself, and let us know how you get on. To taste the real deal, you can try all of these dishes at The Courtyard.
Campbell's Haggis Sausage Rolls
Makes 2 Loafs
Pork Sausage Meat
Cracked Black Peppercorns
1. Mix equal quantities of sausage meat and haggis together. I like to do this by hand so there are still chunks of haggis in the mix.
2. Roll out the puff pastry, or use pre-rolled, and brush with egg. Fill with the haggis sausage mix at around 50p thickness. You can make the sausage rolls as fat or thin as you like.
3. Roll the pastry around the meat, keeping is fairly tight so you don’t get any air pockets.
4. Place on a lined baking sheet, seam to the bottom. Brush with egg and sprinkle with Pepper.
5. Bake at 180°C for approx 25 mins or until golden and piping hot throughout.
6. Serve with a pot of chutney or Homemade Smoky Baked Beans. Best eaten hot.