Up to date opening times are available here. Pre-booking online is essential and time slots are available every 10 minutes during our House opening hours (last admission one hour prior to the House closing). To limit time spent queueing, please arrive at the House entrance no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your designated time slot for entry. The House entrance is clearly marked by an A-frame on the gravel forecourt.
Viewing the House
Each time slot permits access to the House for 1 hour. For example, a visitor purchasing a 12.10pm timeslot for entry may arrive at the House entrance at 12.05pm, enter at 12.10pm and must exit the House by 1.10pm. Please be aware that a one way system is in operation and the entry and exit points are different.
Viewing of the House is by self-guided free flow admission, please observe and adhere to maximum room capacities whilst moving around the House. Capacities are clearly stated on the A3 House Guide which can be collected from the House entrance on arrival. Guides are available in a number of areas within the House, please chat to them as they will be delighted to answer any questions and share their knowledge.
Covid Safe Measures
To help keep you, our staff and our historic Collections safe, we have put in place the following Covid-safe measures:
- The lead ticket holder’s contact details are held for 21 days in accordance with NHS Test & Protect policy
- Hand sanitising stations are situated in high touch point areas, please use these prior to touching handrails
- All staff and visitors should wear a face covering
- In line with the Scottish Government's 2m social distancing policy, please adhere to the maximum room capacities stated on the House Guide
- Rope barriers have been erected in key areas around the House to protect fragile objects and textiles which cannot easily be sanitised
- Where it is safe for us to do so, windows will remain open to increase ventilation
- A one way system is in operation within the house, please follow the directions on the A3 House Guide which is available from the member of the staff situated at the entrance to the House
We are delighted to be able to reopen the House and hope that you enjoy your visit.