Nether Stravannan North
Nether Stravannan North is one of two properties in the luxurious Nether Stravannan development, which is situated on the attractive south west coast of the Isle of Bute.
Price: £750 - £1500 per week
Capacity: 8 people
Check availability & book
Nether Stravannan is a luxurious self-catering development just three miles from Mount Stuart on the attractive south west coast of the island. The picturesque setting provides exceptional views over Arran, with Stravannan beach just 15 minutes walk away.
Nether Stravannan North can accommodate eight guests, and provides immaculate and abundant living space for family holidays, corporate weekends, wedding parties and relaxing breaks. If you are hosting an event at Mount Stuart, Nether Stravannan can be used to conveniently accommodate your guests. If you require accommodation for a larger group, Nether Stravannan North can be hired together with the co-located Nether Stravannan South, providing accommodation for an additional eight guests.
Nether Stravannan is ideally situated next to the Kingarth golf course and just a mile from the warm hospitality of the Kingath Hotel & Smiddy Bar.
Once you arrive a welcome pack will help you make the most of the beautiful local area, with details of how to arrange golfing, fishing and horse riding. The properties are ideally situated for some of the best walking and cycling routes on the island.
Nether Stravannan North and Nether Stravannan South are available for weekly lets from Friday to Friday, all year round. Short breaks are also available in some periods.
Prior to arrival a member of our bookings team will contact you on the telephone number or email address which you have provided, to confirm check-in arrangements in the week prior to your arrival. Check-in on the first day of your stay is from 4pm. Check-out on the date of departure should be no later than 10am.
- Sea views
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Utility Room with all modern appliances
- Large open plan kitchen, dining and living areas
- 2 dogs allowed by prior arrangement
- Egyptian cotton bed linen and towels included
- Wood burning stove and central heating throughout (heat and electricity included)
- Lawned garden with picnic benches
- On site parking
- Satellite TV, DVD, Radio, CD, IPod docking station
- Cots & high chairs are available on request. Please advise prior to your visit should you require any of these items.
- Note: Capacity at Nether Stravannan North is strictly 8 persons
- Note: No unauthorised events are permitted to take place on site without there being a contract and insurance in place with the Mount Stuart Trust
- Note: Mobile phone reception can be variable.
Check availability & book
Our properties are located on Bute, the island we call home. Bute's principal town Rothesay became very popular as a tourist destination in the Victorian era when many Glaswegians would go ‘doon the watter’ (down the River Clyde) and across on the ferry to Bute.
Today there is much to do and see on this beautiful island which is very accessible by ferry crossing, either the 35 minute trip from Wemyss Bay or else the shorter 5 minute crossing to the north of the island from Colintraive.
Visit the castle ruins in the centre of town, enjoy the stunning scenery with coastal walks or on one of the cycle routes around the island and visit historic Mount Stuart House as well as its superb gardens. Why not try one of the island’s three golf courses or chill out at Scalpsie Bay and watch the seals, with stunning views across to Arran?