Kean's Cottage is a wonderful property to spend your well-deserved break, situated just two miles away from the seaside town of Rothesay and overlooking Loch Fad. Set over two floors, there are six comfortable bedrooms, perfect for a good night's sleep with many boasting their own en-suite facilities.
Price: £1200 - £1999 per week
Capacity: 12 people
Check availability & book
Kean's Cottage is a fabulous cottage and an ideal base for a large family or group of friends.
Set over two floors, Kean's Cottage can accommodate twelve guests, and provides immaculate and abundant living space for family holidays, corporate weekends and relaxing breaks. If you are hosting an event at Mount Stuart, Kean's Cottage can be used to conveniently accommodate your guests.
Just two miles away is the seaside town of Rothesay, where you will find castle ruins that date back to the 13th century.
Kean's Cottage is ideally situated for some of the best walking and cycling routes on the island.
Kean's Cottage is available for weekly lets from Friday to Friday, all year round.
Prior to arrival a member of our bookings team will contact you on the telephone number or email address which you have provided, to confirm check-in arrangements in the week prior to your arrival. Check-in on the first day of your stay is from 4pm. Check-out on the date of departure should be no later than 10am.
- Six bedrooms: 2 x ground floor double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double with en-suite roll-top bath, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor 4' double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin
- Dining Room with woodburner
- Drawing Room with open fire
- Sitting Room with woodburner
- Biomass central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter packs for fires and stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Bike storage
- South-facing courtyard garden with decked and gravelled areas
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Cots & high chairs are available on request. Please advise prior to your visit should you require any of these items
- Note: Capacity at Kean's Cottage is strictly 12 persons.
- Note: No unauthorised events are permitted to take place on site without there being a contract and insurance in place with the Mount Stuart Trust.
- Note: Mobile phone reception can be variable.
- Note: Unfenced loch at the foot of the garden, children must be supervised at all times.
- Note: If you wish to fish on Loch Fad, you must get a permit from Loch Fad Fisheries.
Check availability & book
Our properties are located on Bute, the island we call home. Bute's principal town Rothesay became very popular as a tourist destination in the Victorian era when many Glaswegians would go ‘doon the watter’ (down the River Clyde) and across on the ferry to Bute.
Today there is much to do and see on this beautiful island which is very accessible by ferry crossing, either the 35 minute trip from Wemyss Bay or else the shorter 5 minute crossing to the north of the island from Colintraive.
Visit the castle ruins in the centre of town, enjoy the stunning scenery with coastal walks or on one of the cycle routes around the island and visit historic Mount Stuart House as well as its superb gardens. Why not try one of the island’s three golf courses or chill out at Scalpsie Bay and watch the seals, with stunning views across to Arran?