Vacancy: Experienced Sawyer
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Sawmill on the Isle of Bute.
The Mount Stuart Trust encompasses over 1,300 Ha of commercial and native woodland on the Island and the Sawmill is the primary producer of timber products including fencing materials, woodchip for biomass and fire wood. Bute is the most accessible island in Scotland, situated in the Firth of Clyde and just 90 minutes to the centre of Glasgow.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a rewarding career with a competitive remuneration package. The successful candidate will be a self starter, able to work under their own initiative to high standards, including Health and Safety practices, and will be expected to contribute positively to the close knit team based at the Sawmill.
Skills required for the role
• Accurate and rapid sawing of timber to job specific requirements including working from drawings/cutting lists unaided.
• Knowledge/identification of different timbers and their uses.
• Keeping work areas clean and tidy and in line with company policies including Health and Safety compliance.
• Some manual handling, lifting and carrying of heavy loads and working outdoors in inclement weather is required.
• Good numerical skills.
• Interaction with customers as required.
• Current Forklift/Side loader licence.
• Any other duties deemed as reasonable within the scope of the job role.
• Competitive salary dependant on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Fiona Hardie on email@example.com.