Mansion House and The Yard
The Mansion House and The Yard occupy a prominent position in the heart of Rothesay close to Rothesay Castle. The Mount Stuart Trust are exploring how this special location can add to the vibrancy, activity and experience of the town with a mix of uses focused in what will be now called the Yard.
The Mansion House, adjacent terrace and out buildings together with the old Hanson’s Yard behind are being imagined as a new and dynamic destination for those on Bute and visitors. The town and Mount Stuart House and Garden will provide a dynamic offer to those on the island and those visiting.
Stay tuned to find out more about this development plan over the coming months.
Mansion House and The Yard will offer a unique island setting. It will be a blend of :
- a place to spend some time and hang out
- a place to stay, ‘the coolest bunkhouse in Scotland’
- an activity draw for visitors and potential traders, which will also provide opportunities for young people on the island
- maker spaces for incubating new entrepreneurial activity, creative and craft
- a great food and drink offering, local produce - events, festivals and pop up activity.